The International Glutamate Information Service (IGIS) provides accurate information about glutamate, umami, and monosodium glutamate (MSG).
IGIS bases its information on the extensive body of scientific evidence which confirms the benefits of glutamate and umami and the safety and the benefits of MSG, a widely used food ingredient and flavor enhancer worldwide.
The International Glutamate Information Service is supported by the following organizations:
- Australian Glutamate Information Service
- Amino Acids Seasoning Alliance of Northeast Asia
- European Committee for Umami
- Institute for Glutamate Sciences in South America
- Regional Committee for Glutamate Sciences — Southeast Asia
- Taiwan Amino Acid Manufacturers Association
- The Glutamate Association — United States