Crispy Egg Rolls
These crispy homemade Egg Rolls, pan-fried, are made with a delicious combination of bean sprouts, meat, celery, water chestnuts, fresh ginger, and onions.
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 3 tablespoons salad oil
- 1 tablespoon fresh ginger grated
- 3 cups bean sprouts chopped
- 2 cups celery shredded
- 1 medium yellow onion shredded
- 1/4 lb cooked pork shredded
- 1 can water chestnuts 4 ounce
- 24 wonton wrappers
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1/2 teaspoon MSG
- Mix all ingredients together in a bowl and referate one to three hours.
- Drain extra liquid from mixture and place a tablespoon of filling on wrapper (have wrapper on counter top with one point towards you.) Roll away from you to half way and fold ends in, continue rolling sealing the end with a little water and cornstarch mixture.
- Fry in a skillet with 1/2 inch cooking oil (or you can deep fry) until golden brown on all sides.
- Don't be afraid to experiment, substitute shredded chicken for pork, add bamboo shoots and/or mushrooms, or add shredded cabbage.
- Optional: sweet and sour sauce, for dipping.
Recipe courtesy of Food.com Photo courtesy of Yutaka Seki (Flickr)