Japanese Chicken Salad
This easy Japanese Chicken Salad features shredded chicken tossed with mixed greens, Chinese noodles, almonds, and sesame seeds and a delicious rice wine vinaigrette.
- 2 broiler chickens
- 2 bouillon cubes
- 1/2 teaspoon ginger
- 3/4 head lettuce
- 2 stalks green onions
- 1/2 cup roasted almonds
- 1/4 cup sesame seeds toasted
- 3 cups chinese noodles (crispy)
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup rice wine vinegar or 1⁄4 cup lemon juice
- 1/2 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon MSG (umami seasoning)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- In a stock pot put the chicken, bouillon, ginger and enough water to cover.
- When the chicken is done, debone and shred. Discard broth.
- In a large bowl, put the lettuce, chicken, noodles, green onions, almonds, and seasame seeds.
- Prepare the dressing. It may be prepared ahead of time.
- Prior to serving add the dressing and mix well.
- Serve immediately.
- Optional: Mandarin oranges
Recipe courtesy of Food.com Photo courtesy of jjsegota
Try More Savory Recipes with Umami Ingredients.