This Spinach Lasagna recipe is quicker than most similar recipes because it uses pre-cooked, oven-ready pasta noodles, making it easier to assemble layers of the pasta.
Savory Spinach Lasagna
- 3 cups part-skim ricotta cheese
- 1 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 large egg
- 4 cups bottled chunky tomato pasta sauce
- 12 no-boil lasagna noodles (from 8-ounce package) oven-ready
- 2 10 oz. (284g) boxes frozen chopped spinach thawed and squeezed dry
- 1 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Coat 13 x 9 x 2-inch baking dish with nonstick cooking spray.
- In medium bowl, stir together ricotta, Parmesan, and egg.
- Spread 1 cup pasta sauce over bottom of baking dish. Arrange 3 lasagna noodles side by side in dish. Spread 1 1/4 cups ricotta mixture over top of noodles. Top with a third of the spinach. Repeat layering two more times with sauce, noodles, ricotta mixture, and spinach. Top with remaining 3 noodles. Spread remaining 1 cup sauce over top. Gently press lasagna noodles down into dish, so sauce comes up around sides. Cover dish with foil.
- Bake 35 minutes. Uncover. Sprinkle with mozzarella. Bake until cheese is melted and filling is bubbly, about 10 minutes. Let stand 10 minutes before cutting into rectangles.