Sea Scallops with Chili Sauce
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 pound sea scallops (about 12)
- 2 tablespoons butter divided
- 1/2 cup white wine or chicken broth
- In small bowl, combine chili powder, cumin, 1/4 tsp. salt, and 1/8 tsp. pepper. Pat scallops dry with paper towels. Rub seasoning mixture over scallops.
- In large, heavy skillet, over medium heat, melt 1 tbs. butter. Cook scallops 2 minutes on each side or until golden and opaque. Remove from skillet; keep warm.
- Add wine or broth to skillet, stirring to loosen any browned bits from pan. Bring to a boil; cook until liquid is reduced by half. Stir in remaining butter until melted. Serve with scallops.
Photo courtesy of Flickr user Dennis Wilkinson