This Vegetables in Chinese Chili Garlic Sauce recipe is simple yet versatile and is a vegan and gluten-free entree with minimum cooking and lots of flavor boosts. Serve over rice or noodles.
Vegetables in Chinese Chili Garlic Sauce
- 2 tablespoons sesame oil
- 20 dried red chile peppers
- 12 clove
- 2 onions
- 1/2 green bell pepper
- broccoli a small head cut into small florets
- 1 cup cauliflower
- 200 grams mushrooms
- 1/2 cups carrots
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons chili sauce
- 1 tablespoon vinegar
- 1 teaspoon fish sauce
- 2 tablespoons tomato ketchup
- 1 teaspoon MSG (umami seasoning)
- salt to taste
- 3 tablespoons corn flour
- 1/2 cups greens
- Soak the dry red chilies in warm water for 10 - 15 minutes.
- Drain the water and blend the chilies in a blender to make a paste.
- Keep aside.
- Heat sesame oil in a wok.
- Add garlic and fry till lightly browned.
- Add onions and saute for a minute.
- Add all the vegetables and saute for a minute.
- Add water in the wok till it cover the vegetables.
- Let the water come to a boil.
- Add soy sauce, red chili sauce, vinegar, fish sauce, tomato ketchup and dry red chili paste.
- Add MSG and salt to taste.
- Mix well.
- Dissolve the corn flour in little water and add it to the wok.
- Cook for 3-4 minutes, till the gravy thickens.
- You can add a little more corn flour dissolved in water if you want a thicker gravy.
- Garnish with spring onion greens.
- Serve hot with fried rice or noodles.