This authentic Wonton Soup recipe features chicken and pork in a satisfying umami-rich soup.
- 5 pieces chicken
- 1/4 pound ground pork
- 1 onion small
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 tablespoons garlic salt
- 1 tablespoon MSG (umami seasoning)
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 1 egg white for sealing the wonton wrappers
- Heat oil; cook garlic until light brown. Add onion and ground pork; cook for 15 minutes and set aside.
- Spread the wonton wrapper and put 1/4 teaspoon cooked pork in the middle and fold in half and seal it with egg white. Repeat until you use the wrapper.
- Boil the chicken in 4 quarts water for 1 hour.
- Remove the bones and drop the wontons into the broth.
- Add garlic salt, pepper and MSG. Add more salt to taste. Cook wontons for 30 minutes.
Recipe courtesy of Yummly.com